DISINFECTING A LASER DEVICE IS EASY AS FOLLOWS:
During a time of Viral Outbreak extra precautions should be taken to regularly clean all lasers in your home or office between each use.
- All sleeves should be removed during a virus outbreak.
- All TerraQuant or MR4 lasers should be outfitted with the medical DOME probe/attachment or the veterinary Wound Probe if possible. See probes here: TQ Crystal Probe Accessory Kit
- Cases should not be used from patient to patient. Home Care lasers that have been shared or rented to patients should return to the clinic in some type of disposable/biohazard bag provided to the client with the rental laser
- Home patients should also be instructed in proper cleaning techniques
- Patients and home laser owners/users should disinfect the laser between use, even with family members (including animals)
HOW TO CLEAN AND DISINFECT YOUR TERRAQUANT OR MULTI RADIANCE LASER
- Step 1: Turn off your device by holding down the power button on a cordless laser and/or disconnect from the wall charger. Put on gloves and remove the dome probe.
- Step 2: Using a disinfecting wipe (Hydrogen Peroxide, Clorox, or a 10% bleach/water solution on a lint-free cloth, clean the entire surface of the laser for 2 minutes
- Step 3: Be sure to use enough solution on the wipe to ensure the device surface will remain wet for 4 minutes
- Step 4: Set the laser and probe aside to air dry, do not pat dry
- Step 5: Once laser is completely dry, it is ready to be used on the next patient